Known as the American Riviera, Santa Barbara is located about 2 hours north of Los Angeles and about 5 hours south of San Francisco. The area offers a beautiful coastal setting, nestled between the Santa Ynez mountains and the Pacific Ocean. Santa Barbara's lively downtown, art and culture, festivals, and nightlife are popular amongst both local residents and visitors. UCSB students have access to all of this as well as countless opportunites on and off-campus for hiking, exploring beautiful beaches and parks, wine tasting, surfing, kayaking, shopping, international film festivals, theater and concerts, various family-friendly activities, and much more.
- Arts and Lectures Series (Brochures available in the DCB Student Affairs Office)
- Events at The Hub
- Events at the Multicultural Center
- Kiosk "Things To Do"
- UCSB Recreation Department
- UCSB Gaucho Gallop
- Wellness Program
- Goleta Ice Skating Rink
- Santa Barbara Hikes
- Santa Barbara Bowl (Concerts and Events)
- Surf Gear & Lessons
- Wine Country
In the Surrounding Area:
- The Santa Barbara Independent
- Carpinteria: "World's Safest Beach"
- Santa Ynez Valley
- Solvang: "Danish Capital of America"